- 1-1/2 medium bananas, ripe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup milk (I used almond, but coconut, cows, or soy would work)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup sugar (or ⅓ cup dry sweetener of choice)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup old fashioned oats (I would recommend instant if you want a smoother muffin)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 3 tablespoons PB2
- Line eight muffin tins with paper/foil liners. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas with a fork or blend in a food processor.
- Add oil, egg, milk, and vanilla. Whisk well.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda and stir until just combined.
- Add oats and stir.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe measuring cup for 30-45 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Cool slightly, then add ½ of batter to measuring cup and stir until combined.
- Add PB2 to the remaining batter and mix well.
- Scoop 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons of PB2 batter and 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons of chocolate batter in a lined muffin tin.
- Swirl batters together with a toothpick.
- Repeat for remaining batter.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.